How To Cook
- Pre heat your oven to 200 °C temperature fan assisted or 215 °C without a fan.
- Scald the pork rind by pouring over a full kettle onto the skin over a clean sink with the pork resting on a wire tray.
- Season the joint just prior to roasting. Choose a large, heavy based roasting tray, ideally with deep sides and handles for easy movement.
- Season with good quality fine sea salt rubbing into the score marks on the skin. Place the pork skin side up onto the trivet which should line the base of the tray.
- Place in centre of oven and roast for 20 minutes then reduce the temperature to 180 °C then continue roasting for 40 minutes per 500g reaching a core temperature of minimum 75 °C.
- Remove from oven and pop onto a clean tray and keep warm by covering with a sheet of tin foil then resting for a minimum of 20 minutes before carving.
About Our Outdoor Bred Pork
All of our pork, including sausages & bacon comes from British outdoor-bred pigs that we buy in, we always try and buy locally sourced pork in from Essex. They all live outdoors, free to roam in large paddocks with access to straw-bedded arcs or tents. The pigs enjoy large swathes of land broken down into smaller pens, giving the deep rooted pasture the ability to regenerate as the pigs move around the farm.