How To Cook
- Preheat your oven to 210°C for fan assisted or 230°C for ovens without a fan (gas 8). Choose a large, heavy-based roasting tray, ideally with deep sides and handles for easy movement.
- Season the meat with good quality sea salt just prior to cooking. Place the beef fat side up onto the roasting tray.
- Place in the centre of the oven and roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 160°C or 180°C without a fan (gas 4).
- Continue roasting for 15 minutes per 500g reaching a core temperature of 52°C before resting for a medium rare joint.
- Remove from the oven, put onto a clean tray and keep warm by covering with a sheet of foil. Rest for a minimum of 20 minutes before carving.
How We Rear Our Grass Fed Beef
We rear a traditional English breed of cattle. Our traditional Hereford cattle are slowly and naturally reared outside on a grass and forage-fed diet. We are passionate about grass-fed beef to improve the well-being of our cattle and the quality of their meat. Widely believed to be some of the highest quality in the world, grass-fed beef boasts improved ratios of omega 3 and higher nutrient density.