How To Cook
- Preheat a fan assisted oven to 150C.
- In a bowl place a handful of plain flour, lightly season the flour with salt and pepper and toss the diced chuck steak through the flour.
- Add some Beef Dripping to a castiron pot and place on a medium-high heat. Add the beef to the pot and carefully brown. Remove the beef from the pot and set aside.
- To the pot add a few halved shallots and cook until soft. Add a small handful of garden herbs, a couple of cloves of garlic, and a glass of red wine.
- Return the beef to the pot and place the lid on top.
- Move the pot into the oven and cook for 2-3 hours, until the beef is beautifully tender.
How We Rear Our Grass Fed Beef
We rear a traditional English breed of cattle. Our traditional Hereford cattle are slowly and naturally reared outside on a grass and forage-fed diet. We are passionate about grass-fed beef to improve the well-being of our cattle and the quality of their meat. Widely believed to be some of the highest quality in the world, grass-fed beef boasts improved ratios of omega 3 and higher nutrient density.